Local Businesses doing great things
The local businesses you suggested:
- Do you want to learn more about how to communicate with people and companies from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds? Intercultural Tailored Solutions offers training and workshops to help navigate these different environments.
- When we're all ready to travel again, our friends at MTA Travel are ready to help!
- Family-owned Fred Vella Tyres & Crash Repairs in Melrose Park has been operating for more than 50 years!
- Holden Street Theatres is a small company that's had to close its doors until the end of the COVID-19 crisis, but is inviting people to visit their Virtual HST Bar to buy a soft drink, wine, case or keg to help them stay open. You won't be able to drink it, but if you share a photo of you having a real drink using hastags #BuyABeer for #HoldenStreetTheatres, you can help them survive!
- The live events industry has suffered more than anyone due to the lockdown, but the team at SGC Group has dusted itself off and put together a daily newsletter while they wait for things to return to normal - check out the CLUSTR newsletter, offering something to listen to, watch, eat or cook, read and something to do each day at lunchtime.
- Keen to get moving? Try the online dance classes by Le Dance!
- Beach Organics had to close their Bowden store due to COVID-19, but is taking orders for produce boxes from their newly-created Beach Organics Produce Box Project and Farm-Gate, which opens every Thursday in Middleton. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 8554 2956.
- Once things start going back to normal, family-owned Enterprising Partnerships are offer Getting Back to Business and Getting Down to Business programs, as well as business mentoring through their registered charity, the iGen Foundation Ltd.
- Family-owned The Wrapping Paper Company offers Australian-designed and -manufactured gift wrapping paper, which is also environmentally sustainable!
- Emu Tracks is an Australian-owned small business located in Marleston, manufacturing a range of 100% natural Emu Oil products for relief of arthritis, muscle and joint pain, and inflamed skin conditions.
- Need some flowers for a birthday or special occasion? Our friends at Flowers of Adelaide have been brightening up the Pertaringa cellar door for years with their stunning flower arrangements!
- For more than 300 Kangaroo Island products delivered Australia-wide, go to www.kionline.com.au, purchase any product, add a eucalyptus body mousse to the cart and use discount code THANKYOU to receive it for free!
- Need some great quality fruit and veg? Visit GD Wholesale Fruit & Veg in Hawthorndene!
- Need face covers? Jem Designs in Prospect used to make swimwear, but has also started making face covers to meet demand and keep the business going!
- The Adelaide Central Market now delivers to your door if you're within 10km of the market.
- If you need to stock up on coffee, granola, milk, fresh bread or even Nonna's meatballs then Exchange Coffee in Adelaide is the place to order online!